CROQ

Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
om...
As a longtime lurker, I have always read the various postings of
moving/rigging/hauling machinery by those of us HSMers who do it on an
occasion where we have found the next machine in our endless journey
to upgrade our shops.

While I have moved a number of machines over the years, one common
problem is having the means to load and unload the trailer.

How about a semi adjustable steel skid with a provision for a 3500# axle
and highway speed tires? Put the axle where you need it for proper
weight distribution depending on machine, make the skid a little longer
than the machine to allow additional chain points. Easy to store when
not needed, comes apart to fit in tow vehicle, minimal cost $300? axle,
wheels, tires, hitch, 20' to 40' of heavy steel angle or tubing.