Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Mark Goodge Mark Goodge is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:19:26 +0100, Roland Perry put finger to
keyboard and typed:

In message e.net, at
16:06:30 on Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Mark Goodge
remarked:
you need to enter the recipient address when purchasing, which then
forms part of the label that you print. There's no explanation on the
site as to why this is necessary,

Does the barcode include the destination address, for use in automatic
sorting machinery?

I don't know - that's the question I was hoping that the FAQ section
would answer, but it doesn't!

You can use the offline "SmartStamp" system to print stamps without
addresses, and this looks as if it's just a cut-down version of
SmartStamps, so I'd be surprised if it is encoded into it. I suspect
that it's more to do with ensuring that you pay the correct amount of
postage.

Mark
--
Please help a cat in need: http://www.goodge.co.uk/cat/