Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jules Jules is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:24:27 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:01:34 on
Tue, 19 Sep 2006, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
I think this is rather cunning...actually.

Isn't this the same system that man businesses already use?

Presumably the RM save a bundle on printing and distribution costs, whilst
collectively the consumers pay for the ink / printer wear. BBC website
doesn't say that the stamps are any cheaper to account for this - anyone
know?

especially with the new rules (and dodgy kitchen scales) I'd normally
want to visit the Post Office anyway to get an item priced.

I went into the PO recently for that very reason and the person behind the
counter drooled for a bit whilst they figured out why someone would want
to weigh but not send an item...

Have since found some proper letter-pricing scales that were being thrown
out (presumably because the recent changes in the pricing system made them
useless) so the dodgy kitchen scales can go back in the cupboard.