Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

In message , at 14:01:34 on
Tue, 19 Sep 2006, The Natural Philosopher remarked:
I think this is rather cunning...actually.

Isn't this the same system that man businesses already use?

I don't quite follow to reference to eBay, as many eBay items won't fit
in a postbox, and some sort of proof of posting is often useful. And
especially with the new rules (and dodgy kitchen scales) I'd normally
want to visit the Post Office anyway to get an item priced.

In the USA they have a better system: a set of scales in an open area at
the Post Office so you don't have to join the main queue, and a vending
machine with many different denominations of stamp in it. Of course, you
then need a "fast drop" scheme if the resulting item doesn't fit a
Postbox.
--
Roland Perry