Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser Lobby Dosser is offline

Default Where do you start?

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote:

At a recent public demonstration, i.e. one that was for the general
public as opposed to being advertised to wood turners, I found myself
frequently pointing to the tip of the tool as I illustrated a cutting
maneuver. Not the thing I wanted them to "try at home."
______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
kdavisa-at-cix.co.uk (Ken Davis) wrote in message
In article ,
(George) wrote:

preferred for general purpose work. I even skew the gouge, thereby
obtaining a stable point so well controlled that I can lift my hand
and scratch my nose without interrupting the cut.

Since, many years ago I broke my right index finger and had to use my
left for various things for a few weeks, I can do that with either
hand.

Ken

Aye, but can any of you scratch your head And pat your belly while making
the cut?! G