AL A.

Default Generators and Back-up power

headache and do it right. I'll bet you could find a transfer switch on
ebay. Yup, 88 items found. Harbor freight has one for $340.00. Twelve
circuits. Item 90813-0VGA. Also see item 38521-4VGA. This will also
work for you and is $260.00. Cheap insurance against someone getting
killed. And cheap insurance protecting your generator.
Eric R Snow

Good advice!
I bought a transfer panel at a local hardware store. It is the sub panel
type with 2 interlocked 60 amp breakers in it. It was made by
Square D and cost me 70 buck brand new in the box, including the 2 60A
breakers. Will transfer 4 120v circuits (8 if you use the "duplex" type
breakers).

Way cheap insurance and piece of mind.

I can go look at the Square D part number, if anyone cares to know.

-AL