Posted to uk.d-i-y
Appelation Controlee Appelation Controlee is offline

Default Sanding repaired mouldings

What's the best way to sand mouldings after a filler repair?
I'm renovating an exterior panelled door (big & about 100 years old) and,
having filled various bits of damage with car body filler, am sanding the
door prior to painting.
The flat bits are, of course, easy but the moulded trim around the panels
is proving to be a bit of a challenge, as I'm trying to reinstate fairly
intricate shapes. The internal mitres are especially difficult.
Is there an obvious trick I'm missing, or is there no substitute for time
and painstaking care?