Posted to alt.home.repair
webber1998 webber1998 is offline

Default asphalt millings

Ether Jones wrote:
Richard J Kinch wrote:

There's a reason this old material was torn up. It's no good for paving
any more. You might as well try to pave with kitty litter or bread
crumbs.

Have you ever tried it?

The county was tearing up the "asphalt" road in front of my home. I
talked the crew into dumping and rolling of load of at the end of my
gravel drive. No special prep, no sealers, no nothing - just dump it,
spread it, and roll it down.

Looks great, wears like iron. Wish they'd done the whole 200 feet.

Thats the best part. Sometimes you can get the stuff for free and put
it down if you have the equipment.

What I have now is 125' that basically looks like a worn asphalt
driveway and it has held up a hell of a lot better then stone EVER
could, but certainly NOT like a new asphalt driveway. The previous
owner did that 5 years ago. And left the driveway near the house
stone. We enlarged this area to a 40' x 50' and are looking to fill
this in. The 125' we will do when it needs it.