Ryan

Default Generators and Back-up power

"jim rozen" typed
Heh. The last time there was a power out, you could not
find a single rep from the power company for miles around.
If they had showed up, there would have been a mob scene
lynching.

I think the cops probably would have helped throw the
ropes over the lamp-posts.

Jim

That is TOO TRUE Jim! If a fine representative for the power company ever
came onto my property during a power outage, he'd be too busy dodging the
airborne barrage of whatever the hell I could get my hands on to see any
impromptu wiring! Over the last 6 years we have had 17 outages lasting more
than 1 hour each time, and they are all in the last 3 years since a new
company has taken over "rural" service.

Anyways, thanks for the chuckle Jim!

And thanks for all the insightful replies folks... I agree that doing it the
safe way is superior... just looking for some feedback. I did a search for
the GenTran as a few of you mentioned it, and saw the way it is wired...
maybe I read it wrong, but it looked like you had to wire up the items you
want to power up individually. I thought you could just power the entire
breaker panel, then shut the breakers off on the circuits you are not
wanting to use. Ryan