Posted to sci.electronics.repair
davidlaska davidlaska is offline

Default slight jitter in TV picture

b wrote:
davidlaska ha escrito:

I read Sam's stuff on 'slight jitter in TV picture' but I do not have a
grasp on it. My Mitsubishi 27 from the 80,s has a slight jitter. I
noticed it when you bring up the display of setting with a blue screen.
Then I was aware of it after that on regular TV. Cheap to fix or it
is to be tossed like everything else these days.

likely to be a bad pot or capacitor in the sync separator. a repair
shop will probably be able to sort that out without breaking the bank.
not in itself a serious fault so you may want to get it fixed if the
set has a decent picture in other respects.
-B.

This needs someone who know or has the manual to point out the one to
be swapped out. I bought it for 40 dollars and I don't know if a
repair shop will say "Hello" for less than that that.

I could kick myself for switching out of tv to display menu and thats
where it was apparent and now I look for it.