Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default slight jitter in TV picture

I read Sam's stuff on 'slight jitter in TV picture' but I do not have a
grasp on it. My Mitsubishi 27 from the 80,s has a slight jitter. I
noticed it when you bring up the display of setting with a blue screen.
Then I was aware of it after that on regular TV. Cheap to fix or it
is to be tossed like everything else these days.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

davidlaska ha escrito:

I read Sam's stuff on 'slight jitter in TV picture' but I do not have a
grasp on it. My Mitsubishi 27 from the 80,s has a slight jitter. I
noticed it when you bring up the display of setting with a blue screen.
Then I was aware of it after that on regular TV. Cheap to fix or it
is to be tossed like everything else these days.

likely to be a bad pot or capacitor in the sync separator. a repair
shop will probably be able to sort that out without breaking the bank.
not in itself a serious fault so you may want to get it fixed if the
set has a decent picture in other respects.
-B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

b wrote:
davidlaska ha escrito:

I read Sam's stuff on 'slight jitter in TV picture' but I do not have a
grasp on it. My Mitsubishi 27 from the 80,s has a slight jitter. I
noticed it when you bring up the display of setting with a blue screen.
Then I was aware of it after that on regular TV. Cheap to fix or it
is to be tossed like everything else these days.

likely to be a bad pot or capacitor in the sync separator. a repair
shop will probably be able to sort that out without breaking the bank.
not in itself a serious fault so you may want to get it fixed if the
set has a decent picture in other respects.
-B.

This needs someone who know or has the manual to point out the one to
be swapped out. I bought it for 40 dollars and I don't know if a
repair shop will say "Hello" for less than that that.

I could kick myself for switching out of tv to display menu and thats
where it was apparent and now I look for it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

davidlaska ha escrito:

I read Sam's stuff on 'slight jitter in TV picture' but I do not have a
grasp on it. My Mitsubishi 27 from the 80,s has a slight jitter. I
noticed it when you bring up the display of setting with a blue screen.
Then I was aware of it after that on regular TV. Cheap to fix or it
is to be tossed like everything else these days.

post the model and chassis references, maybe someone will have a tip
database on that model.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

If the set jitters only in the picture mode but the on screen menue is
stable you may have problems with the capacitors associated with the picture
in picture circuitry, if your particular set incorporates that feature.
Model and chassis number may help us more further help you.
"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

davidlaska ha escrito: