Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson Dave Jackson is offline

Default Tools for Woodwork???

I remodel houses for a living. here's the short list of things I carry
everyday:
Power tools:
Big a.. radio, drill, Circular saw, recip saw, Jig saw, various nail guns
and small air compressor,shop vac
In my tool pouch:
hammer(s) tape measure, chalk line, knife, speed square, nail set, chisel(s)
flat bar(s), cat's paw (nail puller), plumb bob,4-n-1 screwdriver, and one
big level
I also have a large stash of tools at the shop at my disposal, miter saw,
table saw, etc, that I carry when needed.
What you are doing largely dictates which tools you'll need, but here are
some basics. --dave

"Dipesh" wrote in message
ps.com...
Folks,

Just bought a house and need to fix/re do a few things.

Wanted to buy few good wood working tools first. I know it is one of
the best investments we could make.

Job types may defer depending on time, weather etc .

any quick list some one can compile which are needed in most types of
work?

I already have:

(1) Cordless screw drive
(2) Hammer
(3) Level.

Questions:

(1) Is it worth to buy the kits for woodworking (Consumer Reports says
Ryobi has got the best one under 200).
(2) Does Table saw make sense?

Thanks,
DJ