Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default asphalt millings

wrote:
I have a gravel driveway with approximate dimensions of 40 feet x 60
feet. I have friend who has several dump trunks full of asphalt
millings. I would like to excavate the gravel and dirt and put down 4
to 6 inches of the millings. I have access to rollers and compactors
that I'll use while putting it down.

My question: Is there any product available that would help in bonding
the material when I put it down? Or are the retailer sealers adequate?

I have seen mention of emulsifiers that can be added but if anyone
knows of something that would be available at the retail level, that
would be great.

I'd look for one of the contractors who does "original-style" macadam
paving,
with sprayer for liquid asphalt. Layer of stone, spray asphalt, top
layer of stone.

Sealer ain't gonna bond anything for long.

HTH,