Posted to alt.home.repair
webber1998 webber1998 is offline

Default asphalt millings

BobK207 wrote:
wrote:
Home made asphalt? Sounds a little risky.......I'd do a test batch
about 3' x 3' to make sure it works before I committed to a ~40 yds
potential disaster

Thanks Bob,

We are already committed to the millings and have no problems using it
just compacted. I wouldn't call it home made ashpalt. Just looking
for a way to cut down on all the loose gravel. W've used the millings
on a couple of driveways, compacted it well and it works just fine.
Typically longer driveways and the millings are a lot better then
gravel.

On this particular driveway, my son in law was wondering about seal
coating or some other substance to keep the excess gravel down and
would that, or something else, help to bond the millings.

How much sealer will you need? Again, a trial batch help answer these
questions

I'm thinking you'd need 100's of gallons.

cheers
Bob