Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default Tools for Woodwork???

"Dipesh" wrote in message
ps.com...
Folks,

Just bought a house and need to fix/re do a few things.

Wanted to buy few good wood working tools first. I know it is one of
the best investments we could make.

Job types may defer depending on time, weather etc .

any quick list some one can compile which are needed in most types of
work?

I already have:

(1) Cordless screw drive
(2) Hammer
(3) Level.

Questions:

(1) Is it worth to buy the kits for woodworking (Consumer Reports says
Ryobi has got the best one under 200).
(2) Does Table saw make sense?

Thanks,
DJ

It all depends on what you mean by "fix/re do a few things". If that means
repairing doors/windows or inside or outside trim, then get a Crosscut Miter
Saw. If its means building new walls, roofs or other framing work then a
quality circular saw (Skil/Bosch 77). If it means, "I want to start
building kitchen/bath cabinets, then a quality table saw is in your future.

However, first you need to have a shop/garage, complete with solid
workbench, saw horses, vise and other assorted tools.

Building your shop, bench storage cabinets and other assorted racks and
shelves will give you the desire to learn more. Stick around here, ask lots
of questions and don't be shy. Just try Google searching for answers first.
(Like, how to build your own workbench plans free) Check in here once you
have decided on two or three ideas and ask for advice to help you narrow it
down further.

Good luck, make sawdust!

Dave

http://www.usenet.com