Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default Tools for Woodwork???

"Dipesh" wrote in message
ps.com...
Folks,

Just bought a house and need to fix/re do a few things.

Wanted to buy few good wood working tools first. I know it is one of
the best investments we could make.

Job types may defer depending on time, weather etc .

any quick list some one can compile which are needed in most types of
work?

I already have:

(1) Cordless screw drive
(2) Hammer
(3) Level.

As someone who rehabs houses, these are the tools I could not live without:

- CMS
- circular saw
- punch
- framing sqaure
- chaulk line
- jig saw (saber saw) or rotory tool
- reciprocating saw
- pry bar
- two hammers
- a utility knife.
- caulk gun
- tape measure
- sledge
- sharpie markers

YMMV

Questions:

(1) Is it worth to buy the kits for woodworking (Consumer Reports says
Ryobi has got the best one under 200).

No.

(2) Does Table saw make sense?

I worked many years without a tablesaw, now that I have one, I don't know
how I did without. Actually I do, I just did a lot of things differently,
probably not as well.

Thanks,
DJ