Posted to rec.woodworking
stryped stryped is offline

Default I got a jointer...... not sure if I wanted it????

Would brake cleaner work?

I can look for that stuff but have never heard of it.
Doug Miller wrote:
In article om, "stryped" wrote:

I cleaned up the thing. (It had a lot of wasp nests in it!). Cleaned
the table with paint thinker and then sprayed it and all the moving
parts with silicone.

Oops. That wasn't a good idea. Best to get the silicone off. About the only
thing that really has much of a chance of doing that is a dry-cleaning solvent
such as trichloroethane or something similar. Look for the brand name
Carbo-Chlor at Ace or Tru-Value Hardware -- possibly at Home Depot, Lowes, or
Menards, too.

--
Regards,