mknight52 mknight52 is offline
Junior Member

Default Sony Rear Projection KP51WS500 Problems Help!

Unit is 3 years old, suddenly wont stay on longer than 3 sec or so....standby switch blinks 8 times, Sony's online site codes say check IC406....I ordered online service manual, but it makes no reference to an IC406 I searched the entire pdf doc...mmmm, so I did a little digging in the SM, it says 8 blinks means a transformer on the D board is bad..... ...I'm thinking of ordering the d board for 139.00 and just plugging in. But I am confused by Sony's code blink descrepancy....anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Texas