Junior Member

Default Sony Rear Projection KP51WS500 Problems Help!

Unit is 3 years old, suddenly wont stay on longer than 3 sec or so....standby switch blinks 8 times, Sony's online site codes say check IC406....I ordered online service manual, but it makes no reference to an IC406 I searched the entire pdf doc...mmmm, so I did a little digging in the SM, it says 8 blinks means a transformer on the D board is bad..... ...I'm thinking of ordering the d board for 139.00 and just plugging in. But I am confused by Sony's code blink descrepancy....anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Texas

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Could be either the FBT or the HV block. Seen both. Test the transformer
and if it checks ok on both ringing and drive tests change the HV block.
Could still be a flyback, as I have had them test ok but not run, but
rarely.

There is no discrepancy. The blink codes just get you in the ballpark and
provide a starting point for troubleshooting. They are not a symptom-fix
database.

Leonard

"mknight52" wrote in message

Unit is 3 years old, suddenly wont stay on longer than 3 sec or
so....standby switch blinks 8 times, Sony's online site codes say check
IC406....I ordered online service manual, but it makes no reference to
an IC406 I searched the entire pdf doc...mmmm, so I did a little
digging in the SM, it says 8 blinks means a transformer on the D board
is bad..... ...I'm thinking of ordering the d board for 139.00 and just
plugging in. But I am confused by Sony's code blink
descrepancy....anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Texas

--
mknight52

It has removed 7512 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!