Harv

Default Air Admittance Valve - advice

"Harv" wrote in message

Don't use an air admittance valve. Put an inspection cap above the

toilet
on the stack. I assume the basin is pied into this stack around where

the
wc is connected to the stack. You only need to use a Hepworth HepVo

trap
on the basin, nothing else.

See the web site:
http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk/hepv1.htm

Just had another thought, what of the sink is full of water when the

toilet
is flushed, or the bath emptied, or next door does one of the above, won't
syphonage occur, and bad smells come up through the syphoned trap?

Replying to my own thread.... as I realised just after sending, that I guess
the valve could obtain the air through the overflow?