Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Recommend good all around vacuum for carpet/hard floors

Boxhead wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served
me well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I
just went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota"
bags were available (out of production for years), they were claimed
to be comparable to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is
laminate flooring.

Thank you

I believe there are a lot of good ones around these days. There are
also a few great ones, generally at a great price. You may want to check
the library and check out the most recent report on them in Consumer
Reports. (Note: always read the whole report and do not rely on just the
ratings.)

I suggest that you also consider the possibility of a built in system.
I installed a built in system in my last home and I put one in my current
home as well. Not everyone likes them but they work great for me.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit