Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommend good all around vacuum for carpet/hard floors

Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served me
well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I just
went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota" bags were
available (out of production for years), they were claimed to be comparable
to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is
laminate flooring.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

our orik works well on both hardwood and carpet, and while it says that
it transfers from carpet to hardwood effortlessly, it just means that
you don't change any levers or buttons, it does that part, but it takes
a few strokes between the two before it realy gets adjusted, and moving
onto shag from hardwood feels like plowing through a foot of snow,
while it is adjusting itself.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Boxhead wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served me
well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I just
went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota" bags were
available (out of production for years), they were claimed to be comparable
to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is
laminate flooring.

Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

Boxhead wrote:
Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served
me well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I
just went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota"
bags were available (out of production for years), they were claimed
to be comparable to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is
laminate flooring.

Thank you

I believe there are a lot of good ones around these days. There are
also a few great ones, generally at a great price. You may want to check
the library and check out the most recent report on them in Consumer
Reports. (Note: always read the whole report and do not rely on just the
ratings.)

I suggest that you also consider the possibility of a built in system.
I installed a built in system in my last home and I put one in my current
home as well. Not everyone likes them but they work great for me.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Boxhead" wrote in message
m...
Hello Group,

Looking for a replacement for an Electrolux "C" type that has served me
well.

When vacuuming hard floors, there always seem to be particles where I just
went over. This was less of a problem when Electrolux "Iota" bags were
available (out of production for years), they were claimed to be
comparable
to HEPA vacs.

It's always been satisfactory on carpets, but now 3/4 of the house is
laminate flooring.

I cannot say what is good, but I can recommend that you avoid the Hoover
EmPower. The attachments work fine, and it gets pet hair off a couch quite
well. But I have wood floors, and trying to pick up anything other than
dust and hair is futile. The spinning brushes on the bottom simply fling
the dirt without picking it up. The height adjustment does little to help.
Your floor will feel more dirty when you're finished. When I called Hoover
to ask about this, they acted as though they didn't understand why this
would bother me.

--

Dana John Hill
Gainesville, Florida