Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default I got a jointer...... not sure if I wanted it????

"Doug Miller" wrote in message

It easily could. Light rust can be cleaned up by hand with steel wool,

using
paint thinner or light machine oil as a lubricant. If the tables are

heavily
rusted or pitted, it might be best to remove them and take them to a

machine
shop that has a surface grinder to be resurfaced.

I know you are aware of them, but for those unaware of them, these
"Sandflex" blocks:

http://www.theruststore.com/Sandflex...ack-P11C7.aspx

.... are also great for cleaning light rust off of cast iron table surfaces.
Medium for the tough ones, or Fine for surface prep prior to TopCote/JPW.

FWIW ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06