Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Lee is offline

Default I got a jointer...... not sure if I wanted it????

You may want to checkout buying new blades. Might be cheaper....they where
for me.
www.woodworker.com
"stryped" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi,

i got a call from my dad who was at an auction. he knew I wanted a
jointer. He said one was there. I asked if it was in good shape. He
said yea. To make a long story short, he got it for 50 bucks. He
brought it home and It looks very old. It is a craftsman model number
103.23320. It is missing a belt. It is on top of a home made stand with
wheels. On the second shelf of the stand is a sears and robuck motor
with a pully with several different sized pulleys on one pulley. The
jointer has a fence. It has 3 knifes that look like they are not gouged
but probably need sharpened.

I typed the model number on the sears website and it said parts are no
longer available.

I cleaned up the thing. (It had a lot of wasp nests in it!). Cleaned
the table with paint thinker and then sprayed it and all the moving
parts with silicone.

The infeed side of the table on one end seems to be about 1/16 or more
higher than the parallel side. (6 inches away) Is there an adjustment
for this?

The motor when I plugged it in works or at least spins without a belt.

Is this think going to be usable for edge jointing and face planing
small boards or is it going to be more trouble than it is worth?

Any informaion as always is appreciated!