Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sparks Sparks is offline

Default Hot Tub - small potential differance between water and the ground

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message . com
from contains these words:

Kill the power to it immediately. Something serious is wrong.

Probably because the earth has been exported to some way from where it's
actually earthed.

--
Skipweasel

That is what I was thinking, I assume the earth supplied by the power
company is actually connected to planet earth at the substation, this, I
assume, is quite a way away from the house, so some current is flowing to
planet earth via the shorter route. So the solution is to install an earth
rod near the tub?

Sparks...