Posted to rec.woodworking
sailor sailor is offline

Default Ridgid oscillating edge/belt spindle sander

I have been using a Ridgid oscillating edge/belt spindle sander, that
a friend gave me about a year ago. He had it for about 3-4 years and it
stopped oscillating. After trying to fix it, he just bought a new one.
Same model, different color. I took it apart, and put it back together
and it's been working since! I love it. I have a 12" disc sander on an
old 10er Shopsmith, that I had been using, but now use the belt. The
oscillating aspect of it makes it sand better, and the belts last
longer. I really like the spindle sander. I'm sure for a lot more
bucks, you could buy an industrial model, that would have more power,
but I find for my use It's great. I sand 2x stock with it with no
problems.
Hope this helps you decide.
Cliff