Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default OT The meter reader cometh

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:05:31 +0100, David Hansen
wrote:

|On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:50:05 +0100 someone who may be Dave Fawthrop
wrote this:-

|Terrorists killed 52 people on the London Transport systems, and injured
|*many* others some seriously.
|
|As a quick reality check on the activities of the Westminster
|government and much of the mass media, both of which are very keen
|on hyping the activities of some criminals in various ways, in 2005
|motorists killed around 3000 people on the UK road system and
|injured *many* others, some seriously.

And all governments have done a lot about reducing that as well.
Enforcing speed limits, putting in traffic calming measures and improving
the treatment of victims, to name but a few.
When I first noticed that statistic we were killing 22 people per day, and
it is now below 10.
Something *all* governments rightly do well.