Posted to alt.home.repair
Unrevealed Source Unrevealed Source is offline

Default Bees in the ground?

Sevin dust is both the safest and also particularly toxic to bees. It
breaks down fairly quickly, especially if it rains, so you have to reapply
every several months.

Ignore the idiots who say it isn't safe. It is. Every farmer uses Sevin
and it is used on just about every crop. Very extensively studied and shown
to be 100% harmless to humans and other mammals. In fact, it's also
recommended for outdoor animals to control fleas and ticks, by rubbing it
into their coat. Google for "Sevin safety" or something like that and
you'll see all the research.

However, are you sure you can't just leave them alone? Are they really
harming anything? Depending on what you actually have, they may be harmless
if they are not aggressive. Bees are very beneficial to the environment and
should be left alone if they aren't causing a problem.

"HomeDecoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me how to safely get rid of a bees nest in the ground?
So far I've taken a hose and left it going for a bit right inside the
nest. That seemed to cut down on some of them. I want to make SURE they
don't come back.
Winter is coming up so I'm figuring that after the first frost I can
maybe dig the area up and remove the nest or something?
Can anyone suggest anything to kill them or make sure they don't return
without dumping chemicals into the ground? It's right in the garden
that we're hoping to bring back to life. (Previous owners let it go
without tending for 5 years and likely never noticed the bees.)