Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default OT The meter reader cometh

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:16:02 GMT, dave wrote:

|AFAIK these meter readers don't work for the elec co as such but some
|"Independent" outfit. Otherwise I be changing supply right now. I just
wish
|there was some way I could complain about this bloke. I pity the
treatment the
|more vulnerable people his visits get.

The *general* problem is that everything is now subcontracted from company
A to Company B to Company C, so nobody knows if the job they purport to be
doing is Kosher or not. Worse it is an absolute doddle to print out a
realistic looking ID card on the little printer I have at my elbow and
laminate it with the tiny laminator on the shelf within arms length.

Perhaps we should refuse to allow them access.

I've been getting too many "estimated" electricity meter readings; and I've
actually threatened (half seriously) not to let some of the meter readers
in. This meter reading business seems to be a bit of a scam.

Sylvain.

BTW I saw a nondescript van with a name I had never heard doing something
with the fire hydrant in our Grove, and wondered if it could be a
terrorist
attack. Perhaps I should have kicked up a fuss.

Unfortunately although over 70 no one could call me vulnerable.