Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default OT The meter reader cometh

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:50:10 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

wrote:

|snipped .....
|
|BTW I saw a nondescript van with a name I had never heard doing something
|with the fire hydrant in our Grove, and wondered if it could be a terrorist
|attack. Perhaps I should have kicked up a fuss.
|

|You serious ......??????????????

Contamination of water supply would be an easy thing to do and could kill
lots of people. Camelford springs to mind
http://www.waterquality.crc.org.au/hsarch/HS25b.htm
and *that* was a contractor.

I suppose this is all part of what happens when you get
"terrorism,terrorsim,terrorism" threats shoved down your throat by this
Government at every opportunity ...

I read of an incident yesterday about a taxi driver who was enlisted by PC World
in Glasgow to take a parcel to the local main bus station for transportation by
bus complete with documentation but the driver refused to take it and it is
said his reason was because the taxi driver was Asian .

Stuart