Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] beans@smithfarms.com is offline

Default Bees in the ground?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:46:39 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

Try lime that you spread on your yard. This has sometimes worked for

me.

"HomeDecoy" wrote in message
roups.com...
Can anyone tell me how to safely get rid of a bees nest in the

ground?
So far I've taken a hose and left it going for a bit right inside

the
nest. That seemed to cut down on some of them. I want to make SURE

they
don't come back.
Winter is coming up so I'm figuring that after the first frost I

can
maybe dig the area up and remove the nest or something?
Can anyone suggest anything to kill them or make sure they don't

return
without dumping chemicals into the ground? It's right in the garden
that we're hoping to bring back to life. (Previous owners let it go
without tending for 5 years and likely never noticed the bees.)

Ground nesting wasps are a big deal in Hawaii. We can actually call
our State Department of Heath, Vector Control, and those people will
come over and destroy that nest. I'd suggest you be sure about the
nest because wasps can sting multiple times. Bees are one time and
then they die but wasps keep their stingers. Anaphylactic shock etc.
comes to mind. Of course I hope I am wrong about your nest.

aloha,
beans
--smithfarms.com
farmers of pure kona