Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default running fan/light off 1mm

dcbwhaley wrote:
wrote:
Staffbull wrote:

SWMBO has now decided we need a fan/light in the dining area of the
kitchen !! is it OK to still use the 1mm T&E I have or does it need to
go up to 1.5mm? unfortunatley I dont have the rating of the fan as I
havent got it yet!!

other lights off that lighing cct will be a twin 5ft flourescent and
two 300mm flourescent strips under the wall units.(I cant see the tubes
taking more than 100w total)

cheers once again

1mm's fine.

No. Depends on the MCB/Fuse. If it is a 10amp then 1mm^2 is not fine.
1mm^2 should be protected by a 6 amp MCB.

Given the minimal amount of other loading on the circuit I would wonder
what was going on if I found a 10A lighting circuit there.

NT