Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Self Cleaning Oven - Just Say NO!!

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
I attempted to use it the other evening and quickly became sick from the
fumes even though I had opened windows. After doing very little reading
(about small birds dying etc), I quickly realized super heating the
Teflon in an oven (or any teflon) to save oneself the trouble of
getting in there and cleaning it is not worth the potential harm to me
or guests.

As a further precaution, I'd recommend not
cooking over 350 in it either..

As a further precaution, I'd recommend you educate yourself. Self cleaning
ovens are NOT coated with Teflon. Yes, the gunk in hte bottom will burn and
stink, but it is NOT Teflon so your don't have a clue about cooking in them.