Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Bees in the ground?

HomeDecoy wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to safely get rid of a bees nest in the ground?
So far I've taken a hose and left it going for a bit right inside the
nest. That seemed to cut down on some of them. I want to make SURE they
don't come back.
Winter is coming up so I'm figuring that after the first frost I can
maybe dig the area up and remove the nest or something?
Can anyone suggest anything to kill them or make sure they don't return
without dumping chemicals into the ground? It's right in the garden
that we're hoping to bring back to life. (Previous owners let it go
without tending for 5 years and likely never noticed the bees.)

Yellowjackets/ground-wasps don't use the same nest year-to-year, at
least not here in the northeast.