Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Boettcher Frank Boettcher is offline

Default Delta Table Saw 36-320c 10 Inch Problem

On 15 Sep 2006 09:25:47 -0700, "
wrote:

Looking for some suggestions with a issue I having with my Delta Table
Saw (36-320). 2000
Series.
The motor appears to be working and the blade is building up the
correct speed. However
when I go to cut the blade starts to slow down and stop after a few
seconds. The motor sound remains the same when the blad is stopped. I
am NOT feeding the saw a hardwood just some pine. The unit is beltless.
I tried the Delta machinery website but they dont have information on
this model.

Any suggestions

Thank You!

Bruce

Do you have a parts list? does it show a jackshaft assembly on the
front end of the motor housing? You might not see it on your saw
without taking the front motor cover off. Often "direct" drive saws
are geared with a jackshaft assembly that either by gears, or cog
wheels and a belt, adjust the arbor shaft output RPM. If the belt is
slipping or broken, or the bearings have slack in them allowing the
gears to separate under load, you could have that condition. Motor
would run, blade would eventually slow or stop.

That said, I am not familiar with the model number and my SV-300 CD
service manual, which goes back further than what's on the web site in
some cases, does not have it either.

You might call Delta Customer service and ask for tech service to see
if they can support it with information. If you are not finding it on
the website, however, it may not be supported for parts anyway.

Frank