Posted to rec.woodworking
Locutus Locutus is offline

Default compound miter question

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
.uk...
wrote:
I don't have a picture, i can try a little diagram but these things
don't usually turn out too well:

______________________
/ --34 degrees
/
/
/
/
/
___________/_________

(the slope of the wall follows the slope of the stairs to the attic)

Sorry but thats about as useful as a chocolate fireguard to me,dunno about
others?
Anyway don't know if this is of any use and you possibly you will have to
source one in the US.
http://tinyurl.co.uk/pg7d
This item gets pushed against the job for the profile of the area and an
exact replica gets profiled in the blades and you just put up against the
material in question draw the line and cut. ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The image seems clear to me. I believe he has a room that has a section of
the wall going up at an angle because there are stairs on the other side of
the wall. So basically this will be an outside corner, where one wall is 90
deg to the ceiling and one wall angled. Coping this is not really an option.

If you have a CMS or tablesaw you can test using scrap 2x lumber. I've never
had to install molding on such a wall, but since the crown does not have a
slope angle, it seems to me that the piece on the strait wall would need to
be beveled at 45 deg and mitered at the angle of the wall. The piece on the
angled wall would be just beveled at 45 deg. Of course since the wall is not
at 90 deg to the ceiling, you are going to have a gap between the molding
and the ceiling:

Then again, I might be totally misunderstanding your question.