Posted to uk.d-i-y
John White John White is offline

Default Inaccessible junction boxes

wrote:

John White wrote:

Junction boxes under floorboards are considered to be accessible -
even when gaining access involves removing long floorboards, laminate
flooring, two sofas a piano and a complete set of the Encyclopedia
Britannica. :-)

Does that include fitted carpets on which are shelving units bolted to
the wall?

No problem. I have a Stanley knife and a staple gun in the toolbox. I
did have to cut through a downstairs ceiling to get to one beneath the
floorboards and under a bath though.

If so, thats *crazy* - a junction box buried in painted plaster would
be far easier to get at.

Seen lots of those too. I've even met one with a gas cooker connector
screwed through it as well.

I'm sure Douglas Adams would have loved Part P.

So would Kafka.

John
--
John White,