Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ¬) is offline

Default Inaccessible junction boxes

John White wrote:

Can I solder the solid cores, and then clamp them under the terminal
screws?

No this is a bad idea as it would be difficult to get a satisfactory
joint. Such joints would normally be crimped, but again you need to
use the proper tools to get a good joint.

Is there really any likelihood of junction boxes developing a contact
fault? As long as they are done up tight enough but not so tight as the
screws are bordering on splaying the female socket apart, I can't see
how or why a junction box would ever fail.

Well, that's what I'm hoping as I have 2 buggers that are only
accessible by pulling down the downstairs ceilings!

:¬)

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.