Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King Guy King is offline

Default OT The meter reader cometh

The message
from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Worse it is an absolute doddle to print out a
realistic looking ID card on the little printer I have at my elbow and
laminate it with the tiny laminator on the shelf within arms length.

I got in and out of deBeers in Hatton Garden many times when I worked
for Rediffusion with a home-made ID card based on a Rediffusion business
card tarted up with Letraset (this was before decent printers). The ****
only hit the fan when I was finally issued with a proper card and tried
to use it.

Worked for the Officers' Mess at Woolwich Arsenal, too. Security there
was risible - while the IRA were blowing things up they made a big show
of inspecting the underside of my estate Astra with a mirror on a stick
but didn't look in any of the large carboard boxes that filled the rear.

--
Skipweasel