Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default OT The meter reader cometh

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:16:02 GMT, dave wrote:

|AFAIK these meter readers don't work for the elec co as such but some
|"Independent" outfit. Otherwise I be changing supply right now. I just wish
|there was some way I could complain about this bloke. I pity the treatment the
|more vulnerable people his visits get.

The *general* problem is that everything is now subcontracted from company
A to Company B to Company C, so nobody knows if the job they purport to be
doing is Kosher or not. Worse it is an absolute doddle to print out a
realistic looking ID card on the little printer I have at my elbow and
laminate it with the tiny laminator on the shelf within arms length.

Perhaps we should refuse to allow them access.

BTW I saw a nondescript van with a name I had never heard doing something
with the fire hydrant in our Grove, and wondered if it could be a terrorist
attack. Perhaps I should have kicked up a fuss.

Unfortunately although over 70 no one could call me vulnerable.