Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Disposing of used finishing liquids

Ken Nuzum wrote:
I would appreciate suggestions for responsibly disposing the thinners and
spirits used in finishing. I end up with old soup cans or containers with a
cup of brush cleaning residue - how do I get rid of it without causing
environmental problems?

And, sorry for the mispost in alt.binaries.pictures,woodworking.

Use a tight sealing container such as an old paint can, a half full
paint can that you need to dispose of, or any solvent proof jug (I use
plastic detergent bottles with the spout cut out) and put your
material in there.

You city should have a hazardous waste station somewhere to get rid of
it properly and responsibly and keep it out of the city dump.

Robert