Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Can you use adhesives to fix floorboards to joists?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:31:05 GMT, "Cicero" wrote:

"dairich" wrote in message
roups.com...
I never see any mention of using adhesives like "No-nails" whe fixing
floorboards to joists. Is there a reason? Coupled with hidden screws
this would give a neat job.

If appearance is important you can use the hidden nailing method with T&G
flooring.

Cic.

Although if buying shed boards be careful .The ones I got from Wickes to put
under my bath said they could not be "secret nailed" .Not sure why .Maybe
because they weren't as thick as timber merchants boards or maybe the
tongue/grooves werent in the centre of the board .I've no idea

Stuart