Dave Ficken

Default The IDEAL Machinery Moving Trailer?

Gary Coffman wrote in message . ..
On 4 Jan 2004 09:08:40 -0800, (Too_Many_Tools) wrote:
if I had a tilt bed, I think I'd
want a steel diamond plate floor. That'd allow things to slide on
and off easier. It's what the rollback wreckers have.

Actually, the roll back trucks used by (professional) Machinery Movers
have Wood decks, not diamond plate.
My new (to me) trailer has a diamond plate deck. First thing I did was
put wood over it. It's real tough to keep a machine from sliding on a
steel deck. The concern is when hitting the brakes, not when sliding
down the ramp unloading. The machines slide nicely down the wood when
you tilt the deck.....nice and slow and easy, the way it ought to be.

Regards,
dave