Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default PC speaker hum

Neil Green wrote:

"Eeyore"

wrote in message

Neil Green wrote:

This may be the wrong group but I figure
electronics
is kinda universal, and the good people here have
helped me before.
I have a constant high pitched hum coming from the
internal PC speaker, the one connected to the
motherboard.
The connector is oriented correctly.
At first it was intermittent but now is constant,
so
I've pulled the lead off to disable the speaker.
The PC is running perfectly, and I can't find any
information on this problem with Google, except
that
apparently a batch of HP computers (which this one
isn't) apparently had a similar problem caused by a
leaky rectifier on the motherboard.
Does anyone have any ideas?

See if there's a group for HP PCs ?

This cerainly isn't an audio question.

Graham

It's not a HP, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong
group but I figured that hum from a speaker is audio.
I know this group is mainly concerned with hi-fi stuff
but I don't know where else to ask.

sci.electronics.repair and sci.electronics.basics come to mind.

Please do crosspost and don't multipost btw.

Sod it, I'll do it myself.

Graham