Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlie b charlie b is offline

Default And things were going so well.

William Noble wrote:

one of the things you can do when you turn through the side of something is
to stop and think - "how could I turn this into a feature" - for example,
insert a band of contrasting wood reshape inside and out, and glue the top
back on

Great idea. Tried that. But when you have 1/8th inch walls - and
less
- and your in the hemispherical paft of the lid - and it's redwood
-well
the choices narrow down pretty quickly. But I tried anyway - and blew
up the rest of the lid (surprise!) SO - I removed the lip on the bottom
part and now I have - drum roll please ----- a short cup, desk
organizer,
small bonsai tree pot, . . .

Jim:

Do / did you own a Robland X31 or have a relative who lived/lives in
Tahoe
who makes guitars?

charlie b