Posted to alt.atheism,alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.education,sci.electronics.repair,alt.activism.children
No One No One is offline

Default Secret Squirrel..ADMITTED pedophile

"bobandcarole" writes:

No One wrote:
"bobandcarole" writes:

Pick up a newspaper, turn on the TV
Ever heard of Dateline NBC?

Come up with some data. Sure you'll read about some pedophile
being arrested every so often,

Google has 2000 to 3000 pedophile arrest/conviction stories daily, ask
your mother how to access them.

Ask your math teacher why that (if true) does not tell you what fraction
of pedophiles actually abuse children. All it tells you is that the
fraction is not zero.

but the ones who deserve to be arrested are the ones who actually
did something to children

So you believe the deviant pieces of **** that come to molest kids
and are arrested before they can ruin a childs life are not worthy
of arrest???

If such an attempt fails, that is still a crime and something was done
to the children. What I was obviously referring to is some guy with
pedophile tendencies who gets professional help and has his problem
under control - we don't arrest those people because they haven't
committed a crime. If you try to arrest them for merely being
pedophiles, they won't seek professional help and the risk to children
will go up.

Or to put it more bluntly, would you rather have a pedophile spend
his own money on a shrink who will help him/her refrain from harming
children, or would you rather pay 20 to 30 thousand dollars a year
of the taxpayers' money to keep the dude in a state prison after he's
harmed some children?