Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default fein multimaster

Hello Renata,
I am very happy with mine. I have used it to help finish out my home
addition, build a deck, and recently to trim a T&G wall at the bottom
to allow space for underlaymant and tile. I have used it for sanding
in tight spoaces but this has not been its most useful operation. (I
prefer a sander like the Festool products for that.) I have not used
it for "fine woodworking", but mostly for home construction and
improvement. Cutting trim to size right at its application point is
very time efficient and the sawdust produced by some of the fine
blades is negligible.

I thought the Fein was expensive but I was very impressed with what it
could do in the store and now that I have it I don't think I could
build anything without relying on it. Many of its uses can be
accomplished with other tools but the Fein makes those operations
easier. Cost of accessories such as blades can be scary but once
they're bought and you use them you "forget" how much you spent and
just have a happy time making it do what you want it to.

(I am not stating this to brag but I have a lot of various hand power
tools and the two items that my wife is impressed with are the Fein
Multimaster and the Festool sander.
She could care less about the jig saw, routers, circular saw, etc.)

Marc

Renata wrote:
How useful do you folks find this little tool?

Renata