Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa Teamcasa is offline

Default PC 362VSK "Whisper Series" belt sander

"R. Pierce Butler" wrote in message
. 1...
I bought the 263VSK tonight. This is marked the "Whisper Series". Is this
some kind of a joke? Will someone please take the marketing weenie that
thought that up and take him outside and beat him to death with the
sander?

Crap! This sander is LOUD! My ears are still ringing.

It is slightly louder than my old PC 136 sander which was made decades
ago.
If it wasn't for the fact that I doubt there is anything better out there
it
would go back. It still might go back to the BORG.

It does seem to track well thanks to the narrow front wheel. I was
willing
to buy a choo-choo but there aren't any in stock anywhere that I can find.
Oh well.

I know Lew hates them but I had the Porter-Cable 363 for 10+ years and its
works as well as my 15 year old Choo-Choo.

Dave