Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default And things were going so well.

Ccharlie
Sounds like a box as big as all outdoors. I have a few like that.

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"charlie b" wrote in message
Doing a set of turned lidded boxes - in recycled old growth redwood -
for a charity auction. Had one done - the smallest of the set of 3,
the medium sized one waiting for the epoxy to dry on the finial
to lid joint and the third, largest one almost ready for drilling
the hole in the lid for the finial tenon.

Despite caveats in the One Procedure for Turning a Lidded Box
I put together and posted earlier to a.b.p.w., I didn't check the
wall thickness as frequently as I should have. Got wrapped up
in watching what was happening to the inside wall - sanding
and looking if the previous grit's scratches were gone, that
I forgot to check the wall thickness. BIG mistake.

Will make it a point to include the pics I've posted in
alt.binaries.pictures.woodwkring - same subject line as
this message - on the appropriate page of the instructions
once I get them up on my web site.

Check wall thickness often - or suffer the consequences.

charlie b