geoff merryweather

Default If you were building the dream shop

I painted the floor of my basement shop with water based 2 part epoxy.
Well worthwhile, as it makes the floor much easier to clean, esp oil
spills. Prep well, read and follow the instructions. Use disposable
rollers - you can never get them properly cleaned no matter how much
you soak them
I also lined the walls with cheap ply and painted with the cheapest
white acrylic I could buy. Also recommended as it makes the place a
lot brighter and easier to work in.
Run air line (I use copper) and more power points than you could
possibly imagine using. I used 4 outlet p/points.
I also made a crane (there is a piccie in the drop box) as my
workshop has 2 levels so I needed it to get the lathe and mill up the
back. It is very handy.